Monday, February 16, 2009

Happy Late Valentines!!

Hi there!

Happy Valentines!! (I know a little late but worth it).

My hubby is so wonderful! Let me explain . . .

For Christmas, Eric bought me a new, SILVER wedding ring with a diamond band to go with it. I have been wanting a silver wedding ring secretly for a long time but I didn't want to voice it aloud too much because I really do love my original gold wedding ring, epsecially for sentimental reasons. Eric and I (really eric) picked out my original wedding ring as gold because gold is timeless however, all I wear is silver, except for my wedding ring. . . . How do you tell your husband, "Honey, I love the ring but I really don't wear gold." It's just not something I was willing to do or say because it would absolutely hurt his feelings . . . so. . . .

Christmas came around and lo and behold, seriously with no comments from me - Eric surprised me with a new silver wedding ring and band. I was completely speechless!! I was floored! I couldn't believe that Eric really knew that I wanted a silver wedding ring. (and not only knew about it but actually did something about it!!)

Well - for Valentines Eric gets up with Jake at 6 a.m. and let's me sleep in! I can't even remember the last time I've slept in!!! This alone made my day. Then I finally get up at 9:30am and Eric has made french toast and sausage with orange juice for breakfast. yum.

THEN, there is a basket that eric and jake jointly present to me, It has chocolate covered strawberries and a card. There is also Valentine cakes (one of my favorite things right now!) they are like zebra cakes - and a large Scrap Book page that was so cleverly designed! I was completely surprised that Eric did it all by himself!!

The page goes into detail and explanation that he bought me the silver wedding ring for Christmas to symbolize the two of us and the first diamond band to signify Jake and for Valentines he was presenting me with a second diamond band to signify our little expected blessing due - June 2nd. So - I got my wish - a SILVER diamond ring with matchind diamond bands on either side - Eric went into detail about how he wants my ring to signify our family and the love that we all share. . . . it was so sentimental and beautiful. :-) Isn't that sweet?

Okay - tell me, what did you get for Valentines?Pin It

3 comments:

liz said...

AWWW! I am impressed!!

Casey Davison said...

I got a driveway to go to the new house! Not very sentimental but GREAT!!! Now I just can't wait to move in.

Post a pic of your new ring. Sounds gorgeous. He did great.

Gillie said...

What a great Valentine's Day! Eric did good!!! Glad you guys are doing so well!
xx