Saturday, February 28, 2009
Monday, February 16, 2009
Happy Valentines!! (I know a little late but worth it).
My hubby is so wonderful! Let me explain . . .
For Christmas, Eric bought me a new, SILVER wedding ring with a diamond band to go with it. I have been wanting a silver wedding ring secretly for a long time but I didn't want to voice it aloud too much because I really do love my original gold wedding ring, epsecially for sentimental reasons. Eric and I (really eric) picked out my original wedding ring as gold because gold is timeless however, all I wear is silver, except for my wedding ring. . . . How do you tell your husband, "Honey, I love the ring but I really don't wear gold." It's just not something I was willing to do or say because it would absolutely hurt his feelings . . . so. . . .
Christmas came around and lo and behold, seriously with no comments from me - Eric surprised me with a new silver wedding ring and band. I was completely speechless!! I was floored! I couldn't believe that Eric really knew that I wanted a silver wedding ring. (and not only knew about it but actually did something about it!!)
Well - for Valentines Eric gets up with Jake at 6 a.m. and let's me sleep in! I can't even remember the last time I've slept in!!! This alone made my day. Then I finally get up at 9:30am and Eric has made french toast and sausage with orange juice for breakfast. yum.
THEN, there is a basket that eric and jake jointly present to me, It has chocolate covered strawberries and a card. There is also Valentine cakes (one of my favorite things right now!) they are like zebra cakes - and a large Scrap Book page that was so cleverly designed! I was completely surprised that Eric did it all by himself!!
The page goes into detail and explanation that he bought me the silver wedding ring for Christmas to symbolize the two of us and the first diamond band to signify Jake and for Valentines he was presenting me with a second diamond band to signify our little expected blessing due - June 2nd. So - I got my wish - a SILVER diamond ring with matchind diamond bands on either side - Eric went into detail about how he wants my ring to signify our family and the love that we all share. . . . it was so sentimental and beautiful. :-) Isn't that sweet?
Okay - tell me, what did you get for Valentines?Pin It
Thursday, February 12, 2009
Actually, Sarah has nagged me about posting to my blog and has tagged me to do a post of "25 Random Things about me. . . that the average Joe Blow wouldn't know" . . . hmmm
1. I secretly wish I were much more comfortable being outgoing! It's hard for me to just break out of my shell and just go for it. . . I have my moments, especially as I've gotten older that I've done this but I still have to force myself sometimes.
2. I HATE putting away laundry. I don't mind doing it or folding it or whatever but I really hate putting it away. . . why is that? Is it really laziness? I don't think of myself as lazy and actually like having everything in its place. . . weird!
3. I am scared that having this second baby will erase my freedom completely. When I had Jake I had to pray past the fact that I didn't have the same freedoms that you take for granted pre-kids. Example - Not sleeping in! For some people this no big deal but I LOVE to sleep in and I haven't really slept in our through the entire night since May 20th!
4. I feel guilty for #3.
5. Sending me flowers is a nice thing but really . . . . not a big deal to me like it is for some women. Don't get me wrong! I love to get flowers but I would much rather spend time together or do a chore for me or something like that - they say time is money but for me - time is love.
6. I hate clutter, but even I can't avoid it!
7. I love it when the a/c is turned down but you are all warm and cozy in bed with a heavy quilt. Good stuff.
8. I have to have a little something for breakfast! I love poptarts.
9. My favorite breakfast is fried eggs, over easy with a side of toast to sop up all that yellow goodness.
10. I really do miss playing softball. It was something that I was good at and felt food about.
11. I don't like working out really but I don't want to be heavy. and seriously, food is tasty.
12. God is a big deal to me. prayer is a big deal. I try to pray and talk to God continuously - even if it doesn't seem like it . . I talk to God in my head constantly. Sometimes I'm sorry for what I say . . or think. . . but, I'm real to him and I think that is why he gets real with me.
13. My wedding day truly was one of the best days of my life. I felt beautiful and really did have a wonderful day.
14. On our honeymoon, I really did think, . . . is this it? I was really bored! Eric isn't near as adventurous as I am. We went to Cancun and I wanted to do a lot of excursions and then play at the pool and I talked to a lot of people - it's easy to be outgoing on vacation! Eric got sick and we really didn't do much of anything. . . not even the "honeymoon thing". I was bored. - But I loved the scuba diving!!
15. I HATE that I get homesick. Honestly, there isn't anything more that I hate about myself than the way and fact that I get homesick - I disgust myself.
16. I really enjoy playing golf - it's one of my vents.
17. I hate my cell phone. . . actually it's a love/hate kinda thing. I love having it but I really do hate talking on the phone. seriously.
18. Money is always something I will worry about. It doesn't matter how much money we make or how much we have - I always worry. I'm a worry wart. Even when we really have nothing to worry about. . . I still do - it drives Eric crazy.
19. I love going to the lake. It's one of those things that we didn't do as a kid at all, ever and since I've been with Eric - we've been to the lake a couple times and I love it. I really like the care free attitude and the fun on the water and even though I'm in a swim suit - I can usually forget about my own cellulite issues when we are having fun.
20. I love getting to Jake first in the morning because he's always so happy to see me and I love to just get on the floor and play with him - being a mom is the very best thing that has ever happened to me.
21. Being a mom has made me realize how fragile life is. My deepest fear is that something will happen to my boys. My greatest and deepest fear is living without them.
22. My family truly is my support team. You grow up and aren't always nice to them, especially sisters - but they end up being your best friends.
23. I love it when I've done something for Eric that he's happy or excited about. It truly makes me feel good.
24. I still like to see my parents be affectionate to one another. I know that most kids hate seeing their parents kiss or whatever but if they are kissing then they aren't fighting.
25. I love to work. It makes me feel accomplished and important.
Okay. . . there you have it. . . .Pin It
She's not the light or love of my life because those are saved for Jake and Eric but she is definately the "fun" of my life - she always makes me laugh. She helps me not to take life so seriously and helps me forget myself for awhile and just have fun.)
Anyway - Sarah has tagged me - she has challenged me to go to my picture folder - find my fourth file and then post the fourth picture. So. . . drum roll please: . . . . . .
This gorgeous picture is of Jake at 3 months - this picture is a cute because he had just eaten and his little belly was sticking out. :-) hmmm - My sweet little button! Isn't he cute? I know mommas say that about their babies and of course, I feel no differently. :-)
Okay - that's the first tag. Now onto the next post for Sarah's next challenge.