Thursday, May 14, 2009

Jaxson Evan Bartlett is HERE!

This is an e-mail that I sent to a friend and I'm hoping she doesn't mind that I go ahead and post it here to save time. I am learning with two kiddos - there's just not much of it. So, for now, please forgive me for the "repeat" and I'm sure I will have more to talk about later with two sweet blessings that keep me busy! - Also, if anyone has any motherly advice, I'm all ears!!

How are you!?! I'm so glad you e-mailed me because I wanted to tell you that I had our second little blessing, Jaxson Evan Bartlett, May 7th. He was 7lbs. 2oz. and 18 inches long. My mom has the camera with all the pictures on it but I will be getting it back from her today. :-)

Let me tell you, having two kiddos is much more different than having one. I am a much more relaxed mom but at the same time, I'm worried that I'm not giving Jake the attention that he needs or really what he's used to, I guess. I am breastfeeding so it takes a lot of time but it's so enjoyable and so - for lack of a better word - "bonding". I had no idea! - Of course, there's also a flip side to that coin with the fact that sometimes I'm needed for something or Eric is wanting help or whatever and everyone just has to wait. I have to remind myself to slow down and not to be frustrated by the slower schedule.

I had my first outing with the boys yesterday and I must say that we attracted a lot of attention. Of course, anyone with a brand new baby does but with a second baby (or a almost 1 yr old) it causes quite a "grandma stir". We had sweet ladies from miles around coming to touch, poke, prod, smile, and grin at Jake and Jaxson. I swear it's like women that are in "grandma-mode" have a radar that senses children within a 20 mile radius. hahaha!

We went to Academy and bought Eric a few work shirts and some summer shorts and then went to Mardel (a Christian book/gift store) and I had names imprinted on the boys scrapbooks that I'm working on. (or intend to work on) It really did go quite well. I had my new double stroller out and I did it. I must say it did take a rather long time to load and then unload after that shopping but, . . . what do ya do? You just do it the best way you know how.

Anyway, it's time for a feeding and Jax is getting fussy so I will type "talk" more later.
HUGS!!
HollyPin It

3 comments:

Casey Davison said...

I still remember the first time I took the girls out for the first time. I took me an hour and a half to get all our stuff in the car and get loaded just to get going. And I thought I was going ot have to leave my double stroller at the mall because I couldn't figure out how to collapse it!!!

Congrats, can't wait to see pics. You'll have to fill me in on details. I thought he wasn't supposed to be here until next week.

Roxanne said...

Congratulations, Holly and Co.! What a special time you are living, Miss Holly! I'm so excited for you! And on the difficult days, I know you'll find strength in the Lord, just like I did! He's a Mom's best friend, for sure.

Thanks for your sweet comment, left on Beth's blog on my b'day. That meant a lot to me and I really enjoyed reading it! That silly kazoo! It is true....Girl's just want to have fun!

Your blog is darling Holly and I'll be back to visit often. Stop by mine, when you get a chance. Tell your precious momma I said hello!

Gillie said...

Haven't visisted her on forever and thought I'd check! I believe I was the friend you sent the email too!!

Hope all is well in Texas this new year!
xx